Of course she is, and it’s been universally noted that she is especially winsome in this film too! Yes, I have finally seen Jab We Met and like everyone else I enjoyed it very much. I don’t usually review films that have already been reviewed to death, and of course nobody needs a synopsis by now, but I feel compelled to share the things that really caught my eye. Although possibly it will only illustrate how easily distracted I am from the actual important stuff, like plot and theme.
1. The “folk art” special effects:
What the hell? Did they run out of money at the end and then realize they needed these scenes?
Don’t worry Mr. Cab Driver! You can buy a new one over at Toys-R-Us!
2. I loved this bit of station-master philosophizing:
Geet did too, at least she regurgitated it at home later. I may use it myself next time I’m travelling alone.
3. It’s possible I may have stayed at the Hotel Decent once by mistake too:
If there were a restaurant there, would it be called the Passable Bar & Grill?
4. I think the world would be a happier place if everyone looked in the mirror every morning and said this:
5. What animal could possibly be tall enough to pee this high up on these snow banks? Do camels lift their legs?
6. “Ye Ishq Hai”: I loved everything about this song and had to watch it a few times before I could move on:
7. Geet’s grandfather (played by wrestling and B-movie great Dara Singh) got to deliver my favorite line, maybe of all time:
In my family that honor went to my sister, but I wish it had been me.